Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice recorder without microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

I am looking to build a simple voice recorder without using a microcontroller. I googled for it like 10 min, but i cannot come up with a voice reccorder that doesnt use a microcontroller. If it is not possible, is there a microcontroller with the program already installed/specialized chip with no programming required? The sound quality does not have to be good, but i need it for busting sombody for lying and for taking notes. also, if possible how could i reset it?

Would i use a EEPROM to store this memory/voice thing?

winbond make a chip to record sound on. they call it a chipcorder. i am working on a project useing these now so i may be able to help you

What is its name/ mfg number?
Maybe we could relay stuff back and forth, aka email?

As opposed to the forum, that way we wont fill this up

or private message

how long of a duration do you want to record? i am useing the isd1110p. it records ten seconds but can be cascaded for longer.

doesnt matter to me, just cant be a huge bulky chip, no bigger than 40 pin DIP, and DIP only

Sounds good to me.
All i need now is the mfg number and stuff required

the mfg number is isd1110p. you can go to winbondusa and download the pdf. its under chipcorder. it has a schematic of how to hook it up. i made a recorder a playback board that loops with an edge trigger. there are different ways you can use it though.

Cool. I found the 1110p for 3$. I am going to buy one, but can you delete the reccording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back