Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice recognizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

paparts

Have you seen the hollow man? Have you noticed how they go up and down the elevator? I want to design how their voice are recognized. Can you give me ideas on how to start? tnx

I would start with a frequncy analysis of a voice sample. It could be an analog analysis with an array of narrow bandpass filters which measure the sounde energy over a range of frequencies. It could be a digital analysis using a Fast Fourier Transform or related algorithm to digitally extract the sound energy as a function of frequency. Assuming you could account for amplitude variations you could use a goodness of fit criteria to match a sample to stored transforms looking for a match.

BTW I have no idea weather either approach would be successful, it's not my field.

I think you would use an ADC to digitize the sounds coming in after passing it through some filters. THen you would use some Fourier transform (you would probably need a DSP rather than an MCU), and then maybe normalize the fourier spectra and run it against a library, making sure to take into account possible fuzziness and variation in readings?

I guess you would probably also average it over time in order to ignore sounds that are constantly there, but that's later on.

There are 3 terms, which often get mixed up in common use:
1. Voice Detection (VOX)- just tell if someone is speaking, used to key a microphone
2. Speech Recognition (Word Recognition)- recognize the words in speech
3. Speaker Recognition- recognize the identity of who is speaking among multiple possible options

For the cost that would be required to reliably re-create something like that you could probably higher someone at minimum wage to listen to mass microphone input and push the buttons for them..

Elbonians would be more than happy to quote your outsourcing requirements. Grin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back