Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice recognition and speech synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

Hi I am starting a new project and I have plenty of knowledge of robotics but I want to do something challenging. So I want to build a robot that will both have Voice recognition and speech synthesis. I already been to sensoryinc or whatever the name is so I need something new.

Here is a example of what I want the robot to do: I want to be able to be in the family room and speak on a wireless mike to tell the robot to come to the family room. He would then come from the kitchen or anywhere around the house and come to the family room. He then would respond to what I needed and I will tell him to go to my bedrom and grab my shoe he then would go down the hall way and use a gripper to pick it up and then he would bring it back.

If anyone knows any information on how to do this or at least part of it that would be great.

Google for "Voice Direct II" , that should turn up a local link.

These stand alone modules are simple to use and relatively
inexpensive , the primary drawback is that they can only
store 15 command words.

A perfect add on for many applications such as robotics or home automation. Building one into a computer keyboard may prove to be
usefull :idea:

I used the voice extreme developer's kit, from Sensory inc for voice recognition.
For the speech synthesis I used a text to speech chip from Quadravox, inc.
Also I used a PIC microcontroller and 2,12vdc heavy duty geared motors.

www.quadravox.com

www.sensoryinc.com

hey man I am doing the same project i think HM2007 can be use to speech synthesis and recognition.

how do you implement if u give command in sitting the drawing room and the bot come to drawing room from kitchen? you use any sensors for that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back