Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice or card based door locking system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't really help with the voice parts, but a while ago, I started a card-based unlocking project. Unfortunantly I never documented it my webpage, but I still have the programming and components on me. Basically, it used an ISO standard "track 2" card reader to could use most any card type as a "key," and this included domestic credit cards, driver's licenses and many others. The card reader itself had a 7-pin TTL interface that would make linking it to a PIC or AVR a breeze. Incidentally, Howstuffworks.com has a very detailed page on magstripe formats.

The unlocking system was a bulky solenoid-driven "deadbolt" that could unlock and lock a door using two solenoid types.

Anyway, if you're still interested, I'll look up the part numbers for this card reader and send you the card-reading assembly program.

Okay, here's that information I promised. The part was a Panasonic Magcard Reader model: ZU-M2121S that I purchased for about $4-$5. The attachment here is an AVR assembly program that was meant to be used with an LCD but it is heavily-commented and also organized by function. The reader pinout and card format is also featured in the program's title block.

Attachments

• program_013_card_reader.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 252
Google for " Voice Direct II" for inexpensive ready built modules
that perform speech recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back