Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckvader

I'm interested in creating a voice changer. It is a device to confuse people by producing a different voice than your own during conversation.
does anybody have some ideas to go about this.

I'm hoping some one can refer me to some simple basic circuits which I can further improve on.

I'm not sure about whether to use or not, software in its application.

Anyway start from something simple will always help.

Thanks

The HT8950 is a single chip CMOS LSI voice modulator. It provides 7 steps to shift the frequency of an input voice...

Well, if you want to use software on a PC, then just google "Voice changing sofware" or "freeware voice changer".

This is a classical modulating / demodulating problem. If you modulate a signal, you produce copies of it at both sides of the carrier. Then you demodulate it back to the baseband to get the signal back (that's how AM radio works). BUT... If you demodulate with a different carrier frequency, one that is either shifted up or down, you get your original signal back but also frequency shifted. That's how you get that 'sped up sound' without actually speeding anything up - aka alvin and the chipmunks. They just up shifted the baseband demodulated signal. You can also downshift to sound like barry white. Perhaps what Harvey said about the HT9850 does this for you on one chip, or you can piece it together as I have said. :)

Don't you use SSB or DSB? I imagine the former will sound better while the latter will give some wierd effects.

Hero999 said:
Don't you use SSB or DSB? I imagine the former will sound better while the latter will give some wierd effects.

Yes, SSB is used.

if you have a idea of VHDL and FPGA its a very easy task to do it according to your requirement but if you just want to change it from the original pitch use any free software avaliable on net.there are a lot to do what you require

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back