Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Activation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squintz

I have a Keyless touchpad door lock on my front door...

I was wondering if there are any small devices available that i could record a voice command and when i say the command it sends out a dc signal for a short amount of time.

If so i could connect the dc output to the motor in my door lock and i wouldnt even have to touch the door i could just tell it to open with the command.

The motor uses 9volts and how the device currently works is you press a 4 digit password on the keypad and the electronics inside send a short dc voltage long enough to retract the dead bolt.

Any ideas of how i can do this?

There are development kits out there , but they aint cheap and , I do recall dimly that the old ZX-81 could manage it ,just!, sadly have no idea where you could go to to find / download the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back