Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio VL470m 42" LCD won't turn on with remote...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lofydon

Bought supposedly functioning main board off ebay only to discover that the remote control (bought separately) would not turn tv on or off; nor was the orange "VIZIO" displayed with the tv off (with power connected). The original ckt board (with vertical lines and overall pink saturation) does work with my remote, but not the ebay replacement ckt board. This rules out the IR board as being defective and verifies that the remote is functional. Side by side resistance checks showed a bad smd resistor: the original ckt board showed 180 ohms, the ebay board showed open. All other checks in the vicinity of J4 (IR board) and J6 (Vizio logo on front of tv) compared on this 0171-2272-2895 main board. I soldered in a 180 ohm 1/8 watt resistor to replace the bad one (R287 which appeared degraded by age/moisture - but not burned) to no avail (although the resistance checks between the two main boards now match). Two smd transistors, Q27 and Q29 in immediate vicinity appear to have same resistances in comparison and are definitely associated with J4 and J6 (which are physically adjacent to each other. Ebay board brought the tv back to life in every respect except for the remote and logo function. I don't have a schematic. The board looks like it could be multilayer. Anyone have any info or thoughts on this? Haven't been able to trace connections from the immediate area into the ckt board, so far. Thanks for looking. Don in sunny Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back