Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vivo TV Remote Control Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

april

I've come into possession of one of these 42 inch TV 's but it came without a remote.
Searching shows the the universal remotes dont seem to include Vivo

Anybody know of a remote that will work?
The manufacturer wants more than a new TV for one.
I cant access the inbuilt USB player without it

Hi April. There's a remote on ebay for $18 ("sale ends in 1 day" - then it will be $23) **broken link removed**

Alternately you can try all the universal remote smartphone apps with an IR Blaster (which I believe is just two parallel [opposite polarity] IR LEDs connected to the left [or both] channel of a headphone plug).

If you don't mind using your PC/laptop to control the TV, you can have a look at LIRC (linux infrared remote controller - I believe there are versions for windows too).

I've come into possession of one of these 42 inch TV 's but it came without a remote.
Searching shows the the universal remotes dont seem to include Vivo

Anybody know of a remote that will work?
The manufacturer wants more than a new TV for one.
I cant access the inbuilt USB player without it

Most universal remotes come with a list of equipment codes. They also have a "hit and try" option where one needs to go on a manual process to identify the code.
The basic operations (power, volume, channel, input) can be handled. Specific functions will need the original remote. They don't any more make equipment that can be handled without a remote. Pity.

Ramesh

If the remote is essential

Hi April. There's a remote on ebay for $18 ("sale ends in 1 day" - then it will be $23) **broken link removed**

Alternately you can try all the universal remote smartphone apps with an IR Blaster (which I believe is just two parallel [opposite polarity] IR LEDs connected to the left [or both] channel of a headphone plug).

If you don't mind using your PC/laptop to control the TV, you can have a look at LIRC (linux infrared remote controller - I believe there are versions for windows too).

Thanks for your help dougy83 , I ordered that one and we'll see how it goes . I searched for ages without finding that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back