visual basic program for parallel port interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

group_x3m

I need ur help guys. I have an electronic project that needs an output from the parallel port. I already have a software for controlling the parallel port output but what i need is an exact source code using visual basic. i am just a beginner in visual basic. can anybody give me the exact source code or program that i could use to control the output of the parallel port? i just need a basic source code where i could start with. i hope you could help me in this one.. thanx!!

If you check my PIC programmer software, there's a driver you download which allows port access under 32 bit Windows (NT etc.). The driver includes example software for Visual BASIC and C.

thnx for ur help guys!!! i really appreciate it! just in case u have other sites that u could suggest or maybe u have the exact VB code that u could paste here, it would help me a lot. i just need a simple code that would send a binary 1 and 0 signal to the parallel port. thank you so much!!

Last edited:
Simplest code would be to OUTPUT a byte of data to port address 0x378
The data appears on the parallel port pins 2 though 9, these correspond to D0 - D7.

You may need additional libraries to be able to do this under WinXP/2K/NT
see.. https://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/vblpt.htm

Note that the parallel port can only source about 6mA of current so you should buffer the signals.. but you might be able to drive a transistor directly for simple applications.

hi........... I need ur help guys. I have an electronic project which is connected to computer from the parallel port. what i need is an exact source code using visual basic. i am just a beginner in visual basic. can anybody give me the exact source code or program that i could use to send and recieve signal from the parallel port? i just need a basic source code where i could start with. i hope you could help me in this one.. thanx!!

hi,
Look here, download the VB5.zip, install as per the instructions on the Blog.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/blogs/ericgibbs/148-pc-parallel-port-timer1-v1-1.html

thanx for helping me....actually wht i hav 2 do z:a remote car z controlled with computer wirelessly...i m using microcontrller .....nw problem z if i hav 2 send a signal like move in left 2 car via parallel port and ofcourse recive sme signl from car, hw i send nd recieve signal via parallel port...z there anycode

i m not able 2 open vb5.file ....i hav winrar software bt hw i open frm nf frx file

hi,
Download this free unzip program,
**broken link removed**

Why would you want to open the frm or frx files.???

Use your Visual basic program to run the *.vbp file.

There are 3 *.exe files in that zip you could run.

hiiiiiiiiiiiii r u able 2 understand my problem if yes hw much

parallel port interfacing code in vb....mike

Last edited:
sorry m nt able 2 tell u rght nw abt those progrm...vb software z nt installed on this computer...sorry....nd thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…