Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtual Reality Project.... HDMI to Ribbon Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showdownx8fo5

Okay... I have two questions. I need to wire up a very small display to an HDMI port. Why, you may ask? I was planning on making a small drive-in movie theatre for Hamsters.

xwmN4gQ.png

I was gonna get some hamsters, set up the movie screen... get them some popcorn, and let them go to town!

Okay, okay, fine... I'm just kidding :woot: . Actually I was building a Head-Mounted Display for gaming and watching movies. I've been Googling all morning, but it's kinda hard to Google things when you don't know their exact names. So maybe some of you guys can help. I've read this forum quite a bit and since you guys seem ridiculously intelligent/knowledgable when it comes to this stuff, I figured this would be the perfect place to ask.

The Head Mounted Display (HMD) will be something like this Something like this:

DgGckWP.png

You can use a cellphone, but the issue is when you stream like that you lose a lot of quality and it lags quite a bit.

So my plan was to get a display like this and wire it up to a board:

UyX6fwX.png

Link: LG G3 D855 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly - White

(these displays are GREAT. their resolution is 2,560x1,440-pixel resolution, but I would also be willing to use displays from LG G3, Nokia Lumia Icon, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z2)

See, they sell these, but the resolutions on these things are pretty pathetic (800×480) - definitely not good enough for gaming. Check it:

qQH63lo.png

If you guys know anywhere I can get 5, 6, or 7 inch displays (that are at least 1080p or more,) that would be phenomenal.

Iff not: I'm thinking if I can find the right board, it shouldn't be too hard. Does anyone know where I could get a board like this? Or even what they're called. Any info at this point in time would be so helpful. Thank you so much, Chris.

Update:

Okay I figured out a few new things

I found a couple wiring guides from different places, but not nearly what I really need

These are the connectors from the LG G3 I want to use. Maybe I can find an adapter, or I wonder if I cut the ZIF connector on the end off it will be compatible?

NF2sctF.jpg

LLVWGKH.jpg

6jXYMEH.jpg

And this is the board from an LCD Panel that I need to hook the cell display into:

2LOROTW.jpg

This is a connector I found that maybe I'll be able to use as an adapter:

TH6OcB2.jpg

Again, any tips/advice is more than welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back