Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Viewsonic VE710B Need some help/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamianJP

Hello all

I have a Viewsonic VE710B that slowy started to turn off by it self/wouldn't wake up from screen saver mode. Used to happen only here and there,but started to degrade. The screen would stay black but would have the green light blinking. Now it's nothing, sometimes It will breifly turn on then off.

Heard the Caps were a prime suspect so I dug in.
Caps look okay too me all flat at the top.
How can I test the fuse and caps with a multimeter?
And can I test the Power/inverter with a multimeter?

Heres some pics of what I working with...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

What are my options on trouble shooting/fixing this LCD?
Iv'e seen a page with someone attaching a old cheap PSU from a computer to on the back of the LCD.

Wires from PSU to small board in LCD (analog board?)
2 Black
2 Red
1 Blue
1 Orange
1 Yellow

Thanks,
DamianJP

Unfortunately cheap nasty TV's like this one don't last long, and are rarely worth fixing - assuming you can even obtain parts. To check the capacitors you need an ESR meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back