Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvprospector

I had a mine exploration ROV that I built, operative word is had, that was sent into old mine tunnels and shafts to perform studies on what was in the mine. The ROV did work with mining companies to determine if a mine had suitable mineral potential, and to retrieve ore samples. It also worked with the BLM to do studies to determine if the mine can safely be sealed. With out risking a person by sending them into an unstable mine.

Now, back to the word HAD. A couple weeks ago, I misjudge the stability of a tunnel the ROV was operating in. Well, to make a long story short, the roof fell in and my little baby got smushed.

The problem is that we have been operating in the mine for 18 hours and the ROV stores all the data from 4 video cameras on hard drives located on the unit. Needless to say, we now have 18 hours of nothing. Now I want the video information on the surface with me.

I am looking for some ideas that will enable me to transmit four NTSC video signals on a single coaxial cable. I have some ideas, but was looking for input from others on this subject matter. I like to hear what others think.

I have found the document “Transmitting Digitized Video Using the Low Cost G-Link Chipset”. It would be nice to experiment with this system if I could find the chips they used.

I have also thought of creating the 4 MPEGS on the robot, and transmitting them up the cable with sensor data. The old ROV created the MPEGS on board so that they could be stored on the internal hard drives, but if I can avoid creating the MPEGS on the ROV, I can remove that process from the system and open up the processor for more sensors.

I have a couple others, but it would take all day to write them down. I am lazy in that department.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Well this could be of some use...

Attachments

• video_maxim455_121.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 262
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the MAX455 a few nights ago. For a line driver I ended up going with the MAX3812. But for the MUX and using it as a pre-amplifier, the MAX455 looks right.

One of the methods to this madness that I have been contemplating is having a series of modulators and de-modulators. Send the video up the line in 6MHz segments, like CATV does. Then have the data up and down streams sent in their own little, separate, 6MHz worlds. Actually this is looking it might be a very viable solution considering the bandwidth I need to be pushing anyhow. Just need to think about weight. The last ROV, it weight in at 220lbs with batteries. It would be nice to build the new one at or below that 220lbs mark.

Again, thank you for the suggestion. Looking forward to what others have in mind.

i need moving massage hardwere & sotfwere 89c51

hi,:)

I think you mean moving message hardware and software.

Please start a new post, this one is 3 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back