Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

I'm wanting to build a video switcher that detects the video signal from the composite source and sets that video source as the primary to the output. I have 4 devices that use composite Yellow/White/Red as the output that go into my RF Modulator. I am currently using a manual A/V switch from Radio Shack. I may use a PIC to control my switcher maybe a 16F628.

IC Help

I'm still debating on using the pic for my switcher. What other ICs could be use to switch A/V sources to the single output? I will design the circuit around the IC that I am recommended to use. It will just use the Video input line to activate the switcher and set that input line as the primary input directed to the output. I still haven't figured out the programming for my control circuit so I'm a little leery of using a Pic for this circuit. If I ever figure out how to write the code for my control circuit, I may change the switcher to using a PIC. I've attached the circuit as it stands, what values should I use for the resistors attached to the switching transistors?

Attachments

• auto switcher.png
    auto switcher.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
CMOS switches such as the 4016 will probably have excessive crosstalk unless they are arranged as T-switches, which require a lot of parts. Maxim, Intersil, Analog Devices, Linear Technology, Fairchild, etc., all sell video multiplexers and switches.

I know a little about terms like crosstalk, but other than that, I'm very much new to this area. I'm just used to hooking up stuff using the Composite wires or the 75 Ohm Coaxial cable. Having multiple composite sources is pretty annoying when it comes to switching. I have a simple manual selector switch that I'm currently using for now. All I'm after is trying to find an IC or ICs that will act as switches so I can design the circuit around it or them. I'm going to use the video line of the input to activate the switches and make the active video line the primary input. How would I go about this without crosstalk? I usually only have one device on at a time whether its my DVD player, my PS2 or my Digital converter box.

Is there anyone that can help me? I am not an engineer, and need some help in producing a circuit/assembly. I need someone to draw the schematics and parts required to make this board.
I need to step-down 12V DC to 5V DC @ 5 Amps. I will use a cigarette lighter male plug for the 12V DC input. Powering a "scrolling sign" to promote a new business I am starting, as my career business of 34+ years is dead.

Wrong Thread man, I'm trying to make a A/V switcher. You should have started your own thread instead of hijacking another threads.

Is there anyone that can help me? I am not an engineer, and need some help in producing a circuit/assembly. I need someone to draw the schematics and parts required to make this board.
I need to step-down 12V DC to 5V DC @ 5 Amps. I will use a cigarette lighter male plug for the 12V DC input. Powering a "scrolling sign" to promote a new business I am starting, as my career business of 34+ years is dead.

How much does it pay and don't hijack a thread it's easy enough to start your own.

How about an automatic switch such as this **broken link removed**.

How about an automatic switch such as this **broken link removed**.

That's what I'm trying to design. I don't want to pay the outrageous prices that some of that hardware costs, whereas I can pay for my components and build it myself.

It costs $24.50. It's highly unlikely that you could build it for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back