Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video surveillance system for car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vennegor

Hi everyone,
I am a novice of the microcontrollers' world but not of the Electronics.......
I was asked to create a system of video surveillance for car capable of recording on SD images takes from a camera.
According to you what kind of PIC is indicated for this application?
I saw that the supports for the SD reaching to 1gb: it is right?
Thank you.

You'll have to provide more detail. Are you expecting the PIC to handle the images?

Most cameras nowadays record to SD cards, so the PIC would seem unnecessary. Unless you were using it to trigger the camera. The card would then just be plugged into a computer with a card reader to see the images.

If you're expecting the PIC to handle the images, then:
1) Why? Cameras that record to SD are pretty cheap now.
2) How would you expect to get the image out of the camera? Is there a data port? It would probably be easier to get a single board computer with a USB port, connect it to the camera, and write a script to take pictures and record them to the hard drive.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back