Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cne

Hi,

I recently bought a used Videonics MX-1 video mixer off ebay. There is one problem, all of the outputs are black and white on most TV's I have tried. It only showed up in colour on a Samsung LCD TV and an old 1970's RCA TV. It was black and white on another small LCD TV and two other tube TV's.

I have tried hooking it up using both S-video and composite, but no luck. I have no idea what the problem is.

Thanks,

Cameron

Not saying this is the case, but I've seen something similar when running a PAL source into an NTSC television...

I have acidentally played back a PAL DVD unit into a NTSC Monitor, and got the xact same thing, a black and white mage, although the audio was screwed up as well.

Hi,

I recently bought a used Videonics MX-1 video mixer off ebay. There is one problem, all of the outputs are black and white on most TV's I have tried. It only showed up in colour on a Samsung LCD TV and an old 1970's RCA TV. It was black and white on another small LCD TV and two other tube TV's.

I have tried hooking it up using both S-video and composite, but no luck. I have no idea what the problem is.

Thanks,

Cameron

No output from mixer.

Does it have/need a power adapter?

No output from mixer.

Does it have/need a power adapter?

According to its user manual, the back panel has a power jack (although it does not specifically mention power reqyuirements) it has an on?off switch on the front panel, so it probibly has a power source. All page 5-13 says about the power supply is:
Connect the power supply (F) to the POWER input and plug it into a
working power outlet. Be sure to use the power supply that came with the
Mixer. Others, including the ones supplied with other Videonics products, may
damage the unit and void the warranty.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/09/MX-1_UserManual.pdf

According to the manufacturer, it is available in BOTH Ntsc, and Pal versions, so check that you have the correct standard. You do not mention what part of the world you are in for us to let you know the standard that you SHOULD be using for your part of the world.

Last edited:
If it doesn't say what input voltage or current it needs, it must be cheap!

I tell you, even though something could be expensive, it can also be cheaply made, making it break a lot so you have to waste more money to buy another.

It says NTSC on the back. All of my equipment is NTSC also.

And for the power supply, it is recommended to use a 12VAC 1.2A, which I am using currently.

Hmmm, time to open it up and take some pictures!

Hopefully a voltage regulator or somthing like that is bad.

lol NTSC rubbish system (No Two Similar Colours) lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back