Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video and Audio Switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Can anyone spot any problems with the below project? I have limited funds and don't want to build it without knowing it will work.

The project is an AV switcher with the following features:

The device can switch between video inputs from 2 games consoles and an S-Video port from a laptop and send the video output to the RCA input of a TV.

The device can switch between audio inputs from the 2 games consoles, the TV itself and an extra input (could be connected to a phone, MP3 player, the laptop, etc.). This audio can then be sent to either a headphone socket or to an amplifier system I already have set up.

I have attached the circuit diagram. Switches with boxes around them indicate that they move in unison (ie. the second boxed switch is of the DPDT type).

PS. The image is quite small, I would suggest viewing it at 200%. I will try to upload a bigger version in a few minutes

Attachments

• switcher.png
    switcher.png
    4 KB · Views: 193
  • switcher (200%).png
    switcher (200%).png
    5.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
maybe some help??block diagram of a 4066

Hope this helps.
I understand that this quad switch is used in stereo equiptment etc.

Attachments

• Block diagram of a 4066 quad bi.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 195
Thanks for the file, but not really what I'm looking for. I've checked the circuit I posted and I think it should work, would it still be ok to use a common ground for the audio and video signals? That way I can use the chassis the common ground and I don't need to worry about insulating the plugs from the aluminium case.

The new post was to actually get comments on the plan and this time I asked about common grounds on the audio and video

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back