Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
i once built a VGA 1:6 active splitter so i could run 6 VGA monitors from a single input. i used NE5539 op amps as the video amps. what i didn't expect was the amount of heat these op amps generate. if you look at the output stage, you will see that it's single-ended, so the output stage is running as a class-A amplifier, and so generates a large amount of heat. if you can imagine 18 of these chips on a 6"x 8" perf board. the box got quite warm, and after about a year of use, the light tan perf board had darkened to a color like cedar wood or redwood. maybe i should have added a fan to that project....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back