Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video activated relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cube

hi all. the attach is a circuit i found on internet, this circui activate a relay when it senses a composite video signal, this allows to use the tuner built into your VCR to turn on and off tVs that are not equipped with a remote. i would like to do this, but i have some confusion,

1. about the tuner, do i need to build the tuner by myself ?

2. according to the circuit diagram , the relay output is connect to "circuit under control",what is that mean? can i directly connect the relay to a socket ? and the TV can straight away plug in to the socket? or do i need to build a "circuit under control?"how does the circuit requirement?

3.in the circuit diagram , that is only DC , but i think the tv need AC , right? so do i need to put a transfomer ? where should i put ? how to decided which kind of transformer to be used?i think normally is 12V or 9V transformer?right?

i know some questions might sound stupid , but i really confuse and .. need help..
thanks for answering :)

Attachments

• relay.gif
    relay.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 362
8cube said:
hi all. the attach is a circuit i found on internet, this circui activate a relay when it senses a composite video signal, this allows to use the tuner built into your VCR to turn on and off tVs that are not equipped with a remote. i would like to do this, but i have some confusion,

1. about the tuner, do i need to build the tuner by myself ?

You would use the AV output from the VCR. ie. connect the video output of the VCR to the input to the circuit.
8cube said:
2. according to the circuit diagram , the relay output is connect to "circuit under control",what is that mean? can i directly connect the relay to a socket ? and the TV can straight away plug in to the socket? or do i need to build a "circuit under control?"how does the circuit requirement?

The relay contacts would be connected in series with the mains supply to the TV. But be sure to use a ralay that can handle the voltage and current.

8cube said:
3.in the circuit diagram , that is only DC , but i think the tv need AC , right? so do i need to put a transfomer ? where should i put ? how to decided which kind of transformer to be used?i think normally is 12V or 9V transformer?right?

To obtain 9 Volt DC you would use a 6 Volt AC supply from a transformer and full wave rectify it and smooth it with an electrolytic capacitor - about 2200 uF would suffice.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back