Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vibrating Piano Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnkn

Hi, i'm thinking about using piezo disks for vibrating the strings. But i'm not sure what can i do..

First, i'll put the piezos on the soundboard and then i'll connect the piezos to the amp? Can it work well? If yes, so what kind of amp can i use? Or are there any other possibilities for vibrating it? For example with software (max/msp) can i control piezos for vibrating?

Btw sorry, i'm not very well with the electronics. So i have to ask everything that i'm not sure.

Hi, i'm thinking about using piezo disks for vibrating the strings.
I guess you have not looked inside a piano. It doesn't use weak little piezo transducers, it uses strong hammers to hit the strings hard.

How can a piezo transducer hit a piano string when it barely moves?

Maybe you talk backwards and want to use a piezo microphone to pickup the vibrations of piano strings?

I'm trying to find the right way. I want to hear the vibrations of strings and record it. Can i do that with some other possibilities?

Also i've found a video..

Last edited by a moderator:
Use small solenoids with enough power to simulate a piano string hammer.

Boncuk

Use small solenoids with enough power to simulate a piano string hammer
Thats what I was thinking, you can not vibrat the strings dirrectly, but need to make the hammers move. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back