Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to learn the language first. Try downloading some tutorials from the internet. You'll also need tools like Xilinx WebPack ISE or Altera Quartus II to type in and simulate your code.

kinjalgp said:
You need to learn the language first. Try downloading some tutorials from the internet. You'll also need tools like Xilinx WebPack ISE or Altera Quartus II to type in and simulate your code.

yep. Check out some of the tutorials. Let us know what you found for feedback.

I just downloaded the Xilinx WebPack ISE the other day, trying to wade through it. Managed to compile and simulate a few included example projects, though it seems a bit slow to me. Haven't dived into the language yet, but it doesn't look too bad, just a bit quirky compared to more seemingly 'logical' languages. I've found several web sites that sell 50-100 dollar FPGA modules that include serial VGA USB and PS2 connectors and signal lines to the FPGA. Some more expensive ones that come in PCI or even PCMCIA form factors and USB 2.0 functionality as well. Most of the one's I've found have very solid I/O line protection which make them hobby friendly.

That was the first site I came across that had decent FPGA modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back