Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VFET still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzen

Hi,
Does VFET still available? I want make simple class A headphone amplifier. What VFET should I use?
Thanks.

Hi,
Does VFET still available? I want make simple class A headphone amplifier. What VFET should I use?
Thanks.
Someone, somewhere may have a stock of exotic VFETs that are next to impossible to find.I do recall Sony's product line. From what I remember, VFETS were discontinued due to manufacturing costs as it did not take a hold in the industry.
The main idea was to replicate a vacuum tube amplifier as close as possible. In my opinion, while it was very close, repairing a blown up VFET amplifier was another story. Nightmares of having to find matched pairs and biasing issues were common. A headphone amplifier using a VFET is way an overkill.
Legendary Nelson Pass has an article about VFET,
https://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_sony_vfet_40yr.pdf

I had never heard of a VFET until now. Those guitar audio guys sure do love their tube designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back