Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very Small Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
Banana... comes from a country without snow (maybe high in the mountains where nobody goes), so no yellow stuff.
I don't think he eats Cheerios either.

I got this pic from Google. Enlarge it and it looks like a doughnut.
I wonder if Banana... has seen doughnuts.
Yes you're correct that I'm from a country without snow, but I can get ice cube from the refrigerator :D
Seriously I haven't seen or eaten or known about Cheerios, but now I know what it is...
And of course, banana know doughnut.. Something amazing is happening when the banana poke into the doughnut.. haha :D

bananasiong said:
Something amazing is happening when the banana poke into the doughnut.. haha :D
Then you get little bannanas and little doughnuts?:D

Now we get SPAM from Russia.

Every country has different laws about FM transmitters. Some say it is OK if you don't cause interference. Others ban it.

"Its going into a cage where i have some very exspensive african monkeys. i just need to know if they are fighting"
If it were me, I'd forget about electronic monitoring and simply separate them into their own cages!!:rolleyes: Why electronically monitor them, hoping to arrive in time to break them apart before they harm one another? Fix the problem at the source.... don't apply band-aid fixes to such an expensive investment (if you can call it that). Save the band-aids for the monkeys' wounds if you continue to keep them in close quarters.

I just have to add here (even though its an old thread). In NZ we don't have the cereal 'cheerios' but instead thats what we call cocktail sausages (mini savoloys).

audioguru said:
Banana... comes from a country without snow (maybe high in the mountains where nobody goes), so no yellow stuff.
I saw an item on a gardening programme about someone managing to grow bananas outside in the south of England!

Wikipedia
Cheerios is a brand of breakfast cereal created in 1941 and marketed by the General Mills cereal company of Golden Valley, Minnesota, as the first oat-based, ready-to-eat cold cereal. In some other countries (including the UK), it is sold by Cereal Partners under the Nestlé brand. These products marketed as "Cheerios" differ from the US - for example, in the UK and Ireland, consisting of "four grains" (actually five, but four colours of 'O's): maize, oats, barley, wheat and rice. The New Zealand version of Cheerios also has 6.5 times the sugar level of the American product. The cereal briefly had a mascot, an animated talking cheerio with eyes, arms and legs.

Ya Right MONKEYS....

3v0

If you really want to spy on people, the book 101 Spy Gadgets for the Evil Genius is loaded with stuff like that, much of which would be highly illegal to use.

if it has to be very small, you could stage it.
You could make a very small one that only sends for a short distance,
and a larger unit situated nearby which could stage for a much
greater distance.

The tiny one could then use minimum power and a small battery,
the second one could even be run from the supply mains if you felt
like it.

John :)

If it is TOO small it might get eaten by a monkey. Then you would have to 'probe' the monkey to find your transmitter. These monkeys might be genetic abberations with only 3 asses...

no way

NextStarNexus@gmail.com said:
I obey the law!

Its going into a cage where i have some very exspensive african monkeys. The cage is sort of small but build where i this transmitter is placed in the ceiling of it.

i just need to know if they are fighting
I don't believe you!!!

I don't obey the law all the time, but I don't like monkeys either. I wouldn't care if they are fighting. I wouldn't have monkeys in the first place.

I make and use bugs on a regular basis though. Naughty me.

Old thread... Never understood why it had to be small, battery operated, and inside the cage... Not to mention if he knew anything about a group of monkeys, he'd know that it would be expected to fight it out until the dominate member and pecking order is established, kind of like American politics... To interfere would be to make the fighting more aggressive, with serious injuries (less time to get the point across).

And monkeys are smart, and have better dexterity. They see him changing the batteries every 2 hours, they are going to start playing with it after the second or third time...

well if your monkey cage has thin walls or windows, you could build yourself one of those infrared/laser audio receivers. You bounce it at a wall or shiny surface, glass is best, you get back some audio if they're talking loud enough, though wouldn't serve much purpose if your monkies are listening to loud music, or there's lostsa monkies making noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back