Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very high frequency (>>1MHz) PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a plasma tweeter. I'm going to try a very standard solid state tesla coil as a starting point with the primary powered by a very high frequency PWM signal to modulate the arc amplitude. From what others have said, it takes 5MHz on up to get decent sound quality out of it.

Where do I start looking for a good way to make an RF square wave signal >5MHz modulated by an audio signal (20KHz)? I mean, I've done low frequency triangle wave and comparator systems before, but I'm really not sure how to handle things at this high frequency. Thanks!

There are a number of 74HC series of IC's that will do the job.

I have never heard of this thing before, sounds quite cool. Check out this link.
**broken link removed**

Yeah, I'd think most people who build these aren't looking for the ultimate in high fidelity. Can't beat the cool factor, though. :)

Torben

QUESTION: Can a Tesla coil be driven by a fixed frequency or do I need some kind of feedback to make sure I am driving it at resonance under changing conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back