Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very easy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

he11fire

So, i am a beginner at electronics
since I started studying it this year,
and I just wanted to build a 7-segment
display ...First of all I tried to run it on
Multisim V11 but it seems something is wrong ...
You can see my circuit below :

**broken link removed**

I want to build it for real and I have all the
components but as I told you there is a problem...please help

U2 = 7 segment display, Common Anode ...I grounded Common Anode because the 7 outputs are inverted so instead of using 7 inverters i chose to ground 7 anodes of the Led's in the display.

Welcome, hellfire!
Two things:
1: What type of 7-segment display? Is it LED or LCD? The 7447 is for driving a 7-segment LED display
2: The display is polarized. If you connect something backwards, it will not allow current to pass. And, as canadaelk said, the common anode should be attached to (+). This is probably your problem, right here. If you change this, it might just work :)

Welcome, hellfire!
Two things:
1: What type of 7-segment display? Is it LED or LCD? The 7447 is for driving a 7-segment LED display
2: The display is polarized. If you connect something backwards, it will not allow current to pass. And, as canadaelk said, the common anode should be attached to (+). This is probably your problem, right here. If you change this, it might just work :)
The 7-Segment Display is built with LED's ...I did what you said , and also connected ~LT , ~RBI, ~BI/RBO to VCC ...the circuit ran fine after this ...
Thank you all for you precious help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back