Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

velleman lighting control project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanm1978

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so dont know if im on the correct site or place

I am looking for some help or advice on an a project I want to try to complete to run a lighting system on a reef aquarium.
I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what i need and was hoping someone may have some info.

I want to make a system that will bring on mains voltage lights automatically at a set time that are dim and will then brighten to full light over a period of time
and switch off.
In between this i need 2 more sets of main lights to come on at separate times and stay on till the timer tells them to go off.
i then need the dimmed lights to come on again on full and dim to off.
If possible i would also like a timer to turn on a 12/24dv supply to another light at set time than switch off.

I have been looking at velleman units to try and achieve this

I think this might be very ambitious but I am wondering if anyone has tried anything similar or has any experience with these kits

I was looking at the The K8006 Domotica Light System for main control

The slow-on/slow-off module K8029 for the dim to bright. ( WOULD ONE OF THESE BE ABLE TO DO THE TIMED CYLCLE I WANT OR WOULD I NEED 2)

AFTER THIS I’M NOT SURE WHAT ELSE I NEED.

JUST TO CONFIRM CYLE. TIMES ARE ROUGH

9:00AM - MODULE K8029 TURNS MAINS 230V LIGHTS ON DIM AND BRIGHTENS TO FULL.
9:45AM - MODULE ????? BRINGS ON MAINS 230V LIGHT ONE.
9:55AM - MODULE ????? BRINGS ON MAINS 230V LIGHT TWO.
10:00AM - MODULE K8029 TURNS OFF AND THE 9:00AM LIGHT TURNS OFF.
9:00PM - MODULE K8029 TURNS ON AGAIN AND MAINS 230V LIGHTS COME ON FULL AND DIM TO OFF.
9:30PM - MODULE ????? TURNS OFF MAINS 230V LIGHT ONE.
9:45PM - MODULE ????? TURNS OFF MAINS 230V LIGHT TWO.
9:50PM - MODULE ????? TURNS ON 12/24VDC POWER SUPPLY
10:00PM - MODULE K8029 TURNS OFF DIMMED LIGHTS.
11:00PM - MODULE ????? TURNS OFF 12/24VDC POWER SUPPLY.

THIS CYCLE NEEDS TO REPEAT EVERY DAY.

COULD THE K8006 Domotica Light System for main control achieve all this with the correct modules attached to it?

MODULE ????? NOT SURE WHAT I NEED THIS IS WHERE I REQUIRE HELP

can one of the slow-on/slow-off MODULE K8029 be set to do the above cycle or would it need two.
could it be used to dim a t8 230v led tube.
see here for example of what im trying to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGOvLbJ5I4E

The 12/24VDC POWER SUPPLY part is not essential and could be done separate.

ANY HELP OR ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back