Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vehicle USB Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am a diabetic and I recently bought a Bayer Contour USB Blood Glucose meter. I'm going hunting next month and I won't have any way of recharging it. Does anyone have a good quality design or schematic for building a vehicle-powered USB recharger? Something fairly steady with high transient-voltage protection. Thanks for your time. <ckd>

The simplest way of charging it from a vehicle would be to use a 5 volt regulator, 1-2Ω resistor, and a 16v zener.

The problem with that method is that the regulator will need a heatsink for anything over 100mA.

A quick 5-second search on Google Shopping yields more favorable alternatives.
vehicle usb charger

**broken link removed**

Thanks, guys, for the replies. Initially I wanted to build one, but I took a look at eBay and found one for less than 2 bucks-including shipping! Now if it can get here before I disappear into the mountains, I'll be just fine. Thanks, again! <ckd>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back