Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vegetronix soil moisture sensor ( VG 400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lahari

Is there any one who have used a Vegetronix soil moisture sensor (VG400)? If yes then please respond. I can't calibrate it properly.

Hi Lahari,

I studied the website and there is no calibration procedure involved in the use of the VG400 moisture sensor.

I'd call it calibrated if the output voltage complies with the moisture level of the soil, e.g. 3V output voltage at full wetness.

Boncuk

BTW, resistive soil moisture sensors are much cheaper and have little corrosion if made properly. I'll build a prototype and after testing I'll publish the results at the forum.

Salty soil conducts a lot. Soil with pure water conducts almost nothing.
It is scary that my tap water conducts a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back