Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCR philips problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey
I have VCR Philips VR496. when the cover is closed and I turn it on, it makes moving motor noises for some sec and shutdown.
when the cover is off, it works fine.
I found the sensor that should get the light (it works well becouse the VRC works without the cover) I also find the LED the should transmit the lite. I checked the led with Multi-meter, and the led looks fine. I also checked the power supply to the led, I have 5V before the resestor and around 1.5 after, so the led should work.
Then I thouth, maybe the light from the led don't reach the sensor? I took a small lamp (pocket lamp) and give a lite instead of the led, and I could see the lite in the place where should be a sensor.
Does someone know what can be the problem?
How can I solve it???

thanks ahead...

Last edited:
1.5V isn't alot for a LED. Most of the types i was using start to operate at 1.8-2V at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back