Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Varistor or SCR or something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypochondriac

I used to play around with electronics after getting out of college. Making and playing with circuits as I'm sure a lot of you do. I had made up this circuit that would turn on and off 120vac motors. I thought what I had used was a Varistor but I'm seeing that this is used for voltage spikes. Is it a SCR that I'm looking for? Is this used to power things on and off such as a 120vac motor? Or, am I totally way off on my memory...

Thanks people

I used to play around with electronics after getting out of college. Making and playing with circuits as I'm sure a lot of you do. I had made up this circuit that would turn on and off 120vac motors. I thought what I had used was a Varistor but I'm seeing that this is used for voltage spikes. Is it a SCR that I'm looking for? Is this used to power things on and off such as a 120vac motor? Or, am I totally way off on my memory...

Thanks people

hi
Your looking for a TRIAC for 'ac' control, or two SCR's back to back.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back