Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
A square wave at 12V peak-to-peak will only give you 6V RMS.
What kind of transformer do you have?
Why do you need 220V at low current?
Sorry it is not 12 volt peak - to peak....it is 12 volts rms
step up transformer
i need high volt and low current in a next circuit needs high volt and low current
the problem is how to convert the variable dc (from 3 to 12 volt dc) to variable ac (from 3 to 12 ac)

Sorry it is not 12 volt peak - to peak....it is 12 volts rms
step up transformer
i need high volt and low current in a next circuit needs high volt and low current
the problem is how to convert the variable dc (from 3 to 12 volt dc) to variable ac (from 3 to 12 ac)
What I was trying to say is, if you simply take your 12V DC, switch between it and ground at a 50% duty cycle so that you get a 12V p-p square wave, you will only get 6V RMS.
If you want 220VRMS out of a transformer that only has 6V RMS input, you will obviously need a different transformer.
If you want to use your present transformer, you will need to double the input square wave to 24V p-p, using an inverter or a 24V DC supply that you can switch at a 50% duty cycle, giving you 12V RMS.

Oh....No solution?
I thought I offered some in post #22.
I would use an inverter with adjustable output voltage, that creates 3-12V RMS AC from 12V DC. Of course, you would probably have to design one, because it doesn't sound to me like something you could buy off-the-shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back