Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymanok

i have a variable dc volts from 3 to 12 vdc, at high frequency up to 500 khz, square wave form
how can i convert it to ac variable volt?

Last edited:
By 'ac' do you mean simply alternating polarity, or do you mean sinusoidal?

simply i have a source of variable dc current i want to convert it to variable ac (source= 3 to 12 volts dc, required corresponding ac volts 3-12 volts ac)

If you don't need a sinusoidal waveform you could generate the 'ac' by supplying the squarewave to the input of a suitably biased high speed opamp with a gain of 2.

i need ac in another circuit but the source current is variable dc (3 to 12 v dc) i want to convert it to the corresponding (3 to 12 v ac)
I also asked you this:
Does the AC voltage have to power a load?
If so, how much current does the load require?
Does the AC have to be 3-12V RMS, or can it be 3-12V peak-to-peak?

If you want help, please answer ALL the questions.

Last edited:
...and you still haven't said if the AC needs to be sinusoidal. What level of distortion of a sinusoidal AC waveform would be acceptable?

If you don't need a sinusoidal waveform you could generate the 'ac' by supplying the squarewave to the input of a suitably biased high speed opamp with a gain of 2.

It is even easier than that. Just generate a square wave of the desired amplitude and frequency using (for example) a 555. Use a dc blocking capacitor between the output of the 555 (pin3) to block the average DC value of the square wave. The resulting wave will be symmetric with respect to ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also asked you this:If so, how much current does the load require?
Does the AC have to be 3-12V RMS, or can it be 3-12V peak-to-peak?

If you want help, please answer ALL the questions.

yes it will work to power load
the load requires 1 amperes current
it requires 3-12 volts peak to peak (the volt measured buy multy meter)

Last edited:
i wan to explain more about that:
the source power = 3-12 v dc
i want to convert it to 3-12 v ac peak-to-peak, current = 1 amp
the generated ac will be stepped up in a transformer up to 220 volts
(the main aim is to get a variable ac from 3 to 12 volts to use as feed to the step up transformer)
* All volts are measured by multimeter

Last edited:
the converted 12 volts ac is RMS
The load (after step up transformer which will convert 12 ac to 220 ac) requires 0.055 Amp.
the Problem i face is : what circuit can make the (3 to 12 v ac) is variable that i can change the out put transformer voltage)

A square wave at 12V peak-to-peak will only give you 6V RMS.
What kind of transformer do you have?
Why do you need 220V at low current?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back