Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable voltage inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

laplace

need to make an inverter that i can control the output voltage to give me varying voltage. can anyone help me. have any circuits. please help.

there is an ac mains of about which is rectified to get dc the dc is then inverted to give ac the inverter block is where i want to get my control from( be able to vary the voltage) and then rectify it back to dc. the dc motor rating is 110v and current of 18A.

I'd use a buck converter to vary the voltage and then an h-bridge to control direction. No need to make an actual inverter if you're just going to rectify it to DC again.

I would use a buck converter to get the correct DC voltage and then a DPDT relay to get the correct polarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back