Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable tone beeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can take some piezo beepers and pulse it at different frequencies to make different tones. I assume you are talking about the jet-tronic device?

Yep. Does anyone know what kind of piezo buzzer sounds like that and how to pulse it with a PIC?

EDIT: I'm trying to make a power supply, but I'm overcomplicating it with buzzers, beepers, lights, etc. :)

I have so much space in the case of my PSU lol

Last edited:
Yep. Does anyone know what kind of piezo buzzer sounds like that and how to pulse it with a PIC?

EDIT: I'm trying to make a power supply, but I'm overcomplicating it with buzzers, beepers, lights, etc. :)

I have so much space in the case of my PSU lol

They will sound how you want it, the frequency you pulse it at makes the tone.

Google should have a PIC and piezo circuit and maybe some code too.

yes, a PIC can generate a frequency output, which filtered, would give you a sine wave.

The buzzers have a resonant frequency, so maybe a buzzer with multiple buzzers built into one housing. imagine this. three coils of wires are wound separetly, but the two pairs of leads are connected together. Then, if the resonant frequencies were 1k, 5k, and 20k, then putting 20k on the lines wouldn't do much for the other two buzzers.

Last edited:
Hmm, is there an example of code anywhere? I'm thinking of coding in C, and destroyed my brain today studying. Haha, apparently, I think I can use FreqOut or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back