Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable speed controller for 240Vac ceiling fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin

I have a ceiling fan using a 3 step (speed) transformer type of control.I am thinking to build an electronics stepless variable speed control. Is it possible to use the dimmer circuit using Triac for lighting? I wonder if the dimmer circuit will be able to withstand the feedback current when we initially turn on the fan. Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks

Chin

Chin said:
I have a ceiling fan using a 3 step (speed) transformer type of control.I am thinking to build an electronics stepless variable speed control. Is it possible to use the dimmer circuit using Triac for lighting? I wonder if the dimmer circuit will be able to withstand the feedback current when we initially turn on the fan. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Those I've seen are not the right type of motor for doing that, I would stick to the switched speed control - they generally either switch different capacitors or transformer windings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Chin
well if i were you i will use the google engine for researching about your topic to have some little information or idea while searching... or maybe i will ask some people that i know they know that can help me for such a problem like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back