Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable resistor ID. and sourcing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I'm undergoing a restoration projects on a distribution panel used to distribute the time from a master to wherever is required The panel should have 4 variable resistors but three are missing and the one remaining is shot (not be me)

I'm not sure of the type so I include a photo of your ID. I am looking at purchasing the four resistors but I'm also unsure of where to obtain these so help required.

View attachment 63016

The only numbering on the one remaining resistor is 150 not sure if this is OHMS or not?

looking forward to the advice

Last edited:
You should be able to clean the area where the wiper wipes. With two leads disconnected, you can cleck the overall resistance of the reostat and see if it's damaged. Put a probe on one end of the reostat and follow the wiper. Once you know a portion of the value, you can determine the entire value.

The wiper sometimes lifts and/or the wiper gets less springy because it overheated.

You should be able to clean the area where the wiper wipes. With two leads disconnected, you can cleck the overall resistance of the reostat and see if it's damaged. Put a probe on one end of the reostat and follow the wiper. Once you know a portion of the value, you can determine the entire value.

The wiper sometimes lifts and/or the wiper gets less springy because it overheated.

hi kiss,
The OP wants to replace 3 missing pots.

E.

hi Mark,
You could try winding your own, using nichrome wire on a ceramic former.

Does it need to be adjustable once you now the required value.?

Now your asking!!

hi Mark,
You could try winding your own, using nichrome wire on a ceramic former.

Does it need to be adjustable once you now the required value.?

Hi Eric

Seems a long shot but if that is the way then why not try!!!

The idea behind the panel is to distribute the time throughout a building.The panel gets it's time base from the master clock through 'home loop 1' the remaining loops can have nay number of slave wired up in series to them.

The slaves that connect to this work on approx 330ma at 3v ish. The pot's are used to regulate this within each loop. There is an amp meter on the front panel and a plug that goes into each loop when setting up the pot's for correct milliampage .

Hope this explains... but please explain making these pots!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back