Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChubbyWookie

Just wondering if any one could give me some insight on this power supply.

I currently have a Astron RS-50A and what i would like to do is make the Voltage and current variable. There is another model VS-50M which has these options. I kindly asked the manufacturer for the schematics and they were nice enough to send them. From the schematics they look very similar except for a few minor things. So my question is. Would it be as simple as just adding the two missing potentiometers that are located on the VS-50M? Below i have added a link for the drawings and highlighted everything in red that is different and green is the same. If this just makes it more confusing i can upload the originals with no markings. Reasoning for wanting variable voltage and current is that i use it for plating/anodizing metals. Any help would be much appreciated.

RS-50A https://oi54.tinypic.com/6e21dc.jpg

VS-50M https://oi55.tinypic.com/ru5yc7.jpg

Thanks,
Wookie

So my question is. Would it be as simple as just adding the two missing potentiometers that are located on the VS-50M?

Yes, just add the missing pots and it should be fine.

JimB

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't have any potentiometers at home that would work so i had to order. Hopefully i will get them sometime next week.

Thanks again,
Wookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back