Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable Frequency Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

afroman6891

How do I create a circuit where the output frequency can be changed by simply changing the value of the variable capacitor?

What frequency?

Last edited:
What is the frequency range of interest?

For lower ranges, below aprox 1 or 2 Mhz, it is easier to do that with a variable resistor

the frequency comes from a guitar. I'm trying to create an Octavia-esk type of effect, but with a set frequency for the output.

My idea is to have the signal be a perfect octave higher (so 440Hz to 880Hz). This way when any note is played the circuit will reproduce the sound but at double the frequency. The variable resistor is there so i can easily change where i want the note to be.

Is this even possible, or I am going beyond modern technology?

I have an FX box that does this but it is done with a DSP. Would be kind of hard using non DSP methods.
You basicly want up-sampling with filtering. Not easy with basic circuits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back