Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable current limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i have built a power supply very simular to this. the values may be a little off but i just drew it to show the basics of what i have. my question is about the current limmiter. i have tried a few different ways but cant get it to work. i want it to be variable so i can limmit the current to very low values when needed. the out put of the supply is ten amps. i get about 1 volt accross the shunt at the 10 amp output. so i figure i will put an op amp with a gain of 700 across the shunt that way i can limmit down to .001 amps. then i will make the base of a pnp transistor positive to shut down the base of the darlington controling the output transistors.

Attachments

• power_supply.jpg
    power_supply.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 371
I would reconfigure the op amp as a Schmitt Trigger.

Set the threshold to trigger at the voltage you want.

I'll post a circuit for you tomorrow.

Len

PS limit has onlt one m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back