Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable Analog Delay Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyWhittle

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make/source a programmable variable delay, sutiable for use with a rf waveform upto about 15MHz. Its got to be changable on the fly (ie real time) :?:

Bucket Brigade delay lines ?

Delay lines are common in audio processing (echo, flaging etc).
I wonder if the techniques could be pushed to this frequency...

Bucket Brigade delay lines should result in a simple circuit (output would be time-quantinised).

A fast A-D converter feeding into a FIFO shift register which feeds a fast D-A (output would be time and magnitude-quantinised).

Both of the above would use a variable clock frequency to achieve the delay required :? .

Delay lines are common in audio processing (echo, flaging etc).
I wonder if the techniques could be pushed to this frequency...

Bucket Brigade delay lines should result in a simple circuit (output would be time-quantinised).

A fast A-D converter feeding into a FIFO shift register which feeds a fast D-A (output would be time and magnitude-quantinised).

Both of the above would use a variable clock frequency to achieve the delay required :? .

In the first of the above, the signal would only be sampled, not quantised.

i think this was explained to me as: spammers post replies to old threads with their advertising or links in the message body. the moderators delete the spam, but the thread has been bumped to the top slot on the list, and then people see it and respond to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back