Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

valve filament voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

the cracken

im making a distortion pedal with a 6H16b-B. the rated voltage to the filament is 6.3V im running it off a 9v battery. how can i drop 2.7v??? how can i work out the values for a potential divider??? or can i use 9v's with a resistor??? thanks for any help!

If my Russian is any good, those tubes use 6.3 volts +/- 1.9V and .2 amps.
Ohms law says R = 2.7volts/.2 amps
That's 13.5 ohms optimum if the battery is strong.

In a range of 4.4v to 8.2v that the tube can survive with, you have to kill .8 to 4.6 volts.
.8/.2 = 4 ohms
4.6/.2 = 23 ohms

or you could use a 6 volt battery...

You can drop about 2.7 volts with four 1N4004 diodes in series (about 0.6V each). If you are running a 200mA filament from a "9V" alkaline battery it will last about half an hour.

Why use an obsolete high power-wasting vacuum tube? Use a couple of low power transistors or an opamp instead.

If you need to operate off a battery then use four alkaline D cells in series to power the filament. That should give 30 or more hours of operation at 0.2A.

Where are you getting the high voltage for the plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back