Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Utility Pro XL (Schneider) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone working with that ?

I need it or something similar to create my SFC projects. The teacher was supposed to give us a copy of the soft but nope...

It sucks that I only have 3hours of lab a week on it and as soon as I get comfortable, the class ends and goodbye programming see you next week. !!

Also, by the way, anybody good with Structure-Text ? I'd like to learn how it works before the teacher explains it next week. I know Instruction List and a little bit of C so I'm not scared.

Unity Pro is a commercial product, you don't just get free copies of it.. ever, licensed versions at your lab are the only legal way to use it unless you want to purchase it, student or not.

Structure-Text doesn't make any sense, it's not a product or language or anything other than two words connected by a hyphen.

Sfc and structured text together make sense... It's a ladder logic language and terminology. I wasn't aware this was still being taught in schools. I can't comment further as industries continued desire to hold on to ladder logic is in my opinion a major problem.

Yeah it sure looks old.. We learned Allen Bradleys and such with Rs Logix but now they teach us the Schneider and said it was a new type of automat (can't remember the model exactly).

that's quite basic but as for anything, you need to play with it to get used to but we don't get as much time as I'd like.

Industries sure take ages before a paradigm shift. What would you suggest as a move foward after ladder logic in industries ?
Before I took my class I was sure it was all programmed in C or something.

Last edited:
As I said I found it kind of sad when I learned that PLC programming is still alive and kicking, there are reasons though, it does work and it's structure and limitations can make it a little safer than 'better' programming languages, can you imagine if a piece of industrial equipment was found to have the same types of bugs as pop up routinely in higher level languages? Not sure what else to suggest although there have to be other options out there, I'm no where even close to having a clue about commercialized industrial control equipment systems though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back