Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using sdcc for pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lipschutz

Hi
I am trying to compile a C example program by sdcc in linux. but every time I command to compile from the terminal it reports that it couldn't find the 'pic16f877.h' file. By examining the directories the compiler searched for I find that those do not contain the file as well and that the file is contained in a directory named non-free (usr/local/share/sdcc/non-free/include/pic14). Now that i am stuck and any help will be useful. thanks in advance.

The code and the terminal command I issued are attached.

Regards
lipschutz

Attachments

• program_sdcc.c
    387 bytes · Views: 196
  • untitled.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 182
so it seems the command
sdcc -mpic14 -pic16f877 program.c
wouldn't work because I've been using this command over and over.
doesn't the option -mpic14 get the .h files for pic?

I'm working in the dark here.. I use SDCC for 51 derivative only... If its only the H file that's causing your problem, Take the file "pic16f877,h" from the "non free/ pic14" directory and put it in the H directory and it should be seen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back