Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using RF or GPS/LAAS?? for short distance measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike B

Hi,

I'm complete nub to the forum. I have a question regarding if there are any good tools that have been developed for short distance measurement between two points (beacon & controller setup) to calculate distance with a small margin of error like 5 to 20 cm. I know there are things like avalanche beacon transceivers. But are there any that you guys are familiar that can be used in a setup where I leave a beacon in location x and have my controller / operating console to tell me my distance from x to y. I've looked and I see alot of in development products but nothing that is on the markets.

The distances im looking for in particular are at the max range of 20 to 30 meters apart that can be bounced off or go through objects.

Thank you for your time and answers,

All the best

I think this gets you to the Optical (Laser) domain. Even differential GPS would have a tough time with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back