Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Psoc to generate a pwm signal for a servo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboWanabe

Hello :) can anyone please help me with generating a pwm signal for a servo using psoc? is it just the same as generating a signal for a motor? and any sujestions on frequencys to use?

Im trying to build a hovercraft and am now just stuck on the servos :(

Thank you.

**broken link removed**

Often when someone asks this question we first need to know what motor (or servo) you are using. See above link.

Thank you the link explains alot i think i just need to experiment abit with pulse width. i cant seem to find any data sheets on my servo telling me the correct pulsewidth for angle? or am i being stupid here?

Yes you are using a servo. They want a pulse every 20mS (more or less). The pulse is in the range of 1.5mS and that timing sets the angel of the motor.

ok sorry i dnt no very much lol. how do you work the timeings out, if my PWM input frequency is 4khz my period can be between 0 to 256 and my pulse width can be between 0 and 256? any explanation on the workings of the frequency for PWM would be much appreciated. for example my understanding is---- the frequency input is 4khz so every0.00025s it pulses then the period divies that time up, say if i have a period of 256 it would divide it into pulse's at 14.625hz? am i on the right track with my knowledge?

Thank you for your help ron:) and sorry if i am confusing you, i tend to have that affect lol

Usually the PWM is not used.
The hobby servos are intended to have a period of bout 20mS or 50hz. They do not run form 0 to 100%. They want a 1.25S to 2.75mS pulse. If you stop sending a pulse they turn off. More to read.

I don't know what psoc is but as this is in this section I presume you will use a microcontroller. If so, I posted a thread about controlling servos. See clicky

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back