Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using pics to power IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

say i a have a 74Ls AND gate off my head pin 14 is Vcc and pin 7 is ground, so can I hook Vcc of the IC to a port on the uC to turn it on and off>???

and if so, can i hook the IC ground pin 7 to the uC port, then turn the port off, could I do this to use the port as a ground for the ic?

You can power ICs from microcontroller outputs. You do have make sure that the microcontroller output can provide enough power, with a good safety margin to make sure that the voltage is very close to 0 V or 5 V depending on whether you switch the negative or positive.

It is also a very good idea to have generous suppressor capacitors.

yes i was thinking that,, but i can use a port pin in its off states as Vss though right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back