Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using parallel port to interface spi devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaayesh

Hi all,

i have a problem with analog switches with a 3 wire spi interface, and am intending to use parallel port to interface these switches, and am using vb.net.
Is this possible

please help!!!!!!!!!!

A qualified Yes. SPI shouldn't care if there is pause in the middle of a clock. The reality of doing anything with the Parallel Port on a Windoz box is that there will be long pauses (up to several ms, due do to system interrupts) where your bit-banging at the PP will just sit waiting for the CPU. It will drive you nuts looking at the PP signals with a scope. In fact, you will need a digital scope to debug your interface...

Hi all,

i have a problem with analog switches with a 3 wire spi interface, and am intending to use parallel port to interface these switches, and am using vb.net.
Is this possible

please help!!!!!!!!!!

hi ,
As requested in your PM I have attached a zip file for a VB5 DVM module.
The program is used to control and read a MCP3204 4 channel 12bit ADC via the PC's parallel port.
It does work and is in regular use.

Extract the SPI subroutines to suit your application.

Attachments

• VB5_SPIa.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 000esp02.gif
    000esp02.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back