Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using IR to control an on/off switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamo135

I'm trying to make a circuit that will turn off when i point a remote control at it and hit any button on it. Then when I do it again it turns the circuit back on. I don't really need the sensor to 'address' specific units separately. So basically the circuit will turn on/off with anything any button on the remote. I was told I needed something like a photoresistor? Could someone sort of give me a schematic or something along those lines? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You can try using also TSOP IR receivers they are easy to use. Check the circuit at the bottom. Just isolate it from the environmental light like covering its side with a black cover.

**broken link removed**

alright thanks, I'll try and build that. By the way, where would you buy a TSOP IR receiver? I'm pretty sure radio shack doesn't have it.

If you go that route this may work out for you. Get the receiver and the breakout board. Actually there was a time when Radio Shack sold the things. Uh, I just looked and go figure, Radio Shack. :)

Ron

If you want to use TSOPxxxx IR receiver you must first find out what carrier remote uses. Generally it can be in range from 30kHz to 40kHz. TSOPxxxx has build in selective amplifier and because of that the transmitt and receive frequencies must be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back