Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using Interrupts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker2509

How can i set the port b as an interruption....i want to take tha value in that port everytime i change a input pin....help me please!

you must specify on wich PIC do you work? :?:

but there is a special source of interruption for PORTB

1st on pin0

2nd on changes at B port

i think you must enabel all interrupt & set correctly the "INTCON" register
i am not about the register nam

& olso set the interrupyion vector on 0x04 EX:
org 0x04
goto interruption

interruption is the label of the sub routin for reading portb

i will give you more details after i chek the DATASCHEET

striker2509 said:
How can i set the port b as an interruption....i want to take tha value in that port everytime i change a input pin....help me please!

sorry about that...im using pic16f877, i tried to interrupt through rb4-rb7 pins...and didn't work out....dont know what i did wrong

Just enable the interrupts with.

Code:
            bsf    INTCON,RBIE
            bsf    INTCON,GIE

In your interrupt you need to read port b before resetting RBIF
I.E.
Code:
            movfw  PORTB
            bcf    INTCON,RBIF

HTH

Mike.

Edit, you will only get an interrupt if a change happens to any of the b4 - b7 bits that are inputs, not outputs. Note also, the datasheet doesn't mention RBIE in the description under PORTB - only RBIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back