Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using flash cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroclus

I need large amount of flash memory for a project, and all large Flash chips are TSOP, and I don't have tools for soldering those tiny chips...

What about Compact Flash or Smart Media?? I can't find good reference documents on the web.. anyone knows if it is possible to use these in simple circuits??

Thanks.

There are lots of projets that use CF cards or SD or MMC.For this you certanly need an microcontroler.

You can also use an PC harddrive to have lots of GB.

The IDE inteface is prety much the same as compact flash cards.

Compact Flash to IDE interface cards , all reasonably priced

https://linitx.com/index.php?cPath=39

Been looking at these and the "Disc On Module" devices for booting up a computers OS, should be good for Win98 and some Linux , sadly XP is a bit of stinker requiring between 2 and 3Gb (with SP1+2 added) , saying that flash cards are getting bigger and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back