Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using external memory of NIOS development Board with Quartus

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovan

Hi,

I´m an engineering student and I´m working in a project that uses a NIOS CPU development board with an APEX20K200EFC484 device.

To control its I/O interface, i use the quartus II version 3.0. My problem is that i need to do read/write operations in the dual SRAM chips, but i don´t see how to do this.

if anyone can help,

tks.

The documentation for the board should have the pin connections to the SRAMS. SRAM has a simple parrallel interface. It shouldn't be hard to build a memory interface block into your project. If you're using the NIOS processor cheack to see if it has an external memory interface. If it does you should be able to connect it directly to the SRAMS. Check the SRAM datasheet for specific info about it's interface.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back